Teresa Lozano commented on Share Your Story 2019-12-02 10:11:27 -0800The bottom line – make sure all paper work is in place and everyone has a copy. My parents trusted a sibling and he did what he wanted with the money. He basically stole money from my parents. He took the money in their bank account that was suppose to be divided by the grandkids. We went to mediation, which was a waste of time and not to mention money. We could have gone to court for another $20 grand to fight it. He forged my Dad’s signature and had his notary friend notarize it. (I will be reporting her. ) No one seemed to care that he forged a legal document. The justice system doesn’t really care about elderly abuse. I hope no one ever goes thru emotional abuse we went through during this ordeal. Loosing both parents within a year of each other is devastating enough.
You’re not alone. Please share your story here so that others can benefit from your experiences. We can help each other heal and can take action together.
* Please note that we do not share your information with other organizations. We are here to support you and we may reach out to you to learn more about your story. Please let us know immediately via email if you are contacted by groups other than Kasem Cares as a result of your communication with us.
* If you'd like to watch the 2017/2018 KasemCares Conference and get a discount code please mention it on the story, e.g. 'I would like to watch the Kasem Cares Conference'.Share
Teresa Lozano wants to volunteer 2018-03-06 18:30:56 -0800
Every organization needs volunteers. Friends of Kasem Cares has so much work to do as awareness of elder abuse and neglect issues remains frightfully scarce. Any and all volunteer efforts will be welcome and appreciated. Will you help?Become a volunteer
Stop the Silence. Promote Awareness. Raise your Voice.
- 1 to 2 million Americans age 65+ report having been abused by a loved one or someone they depend on for care.
- Only 1 in 14 incidents of elder abuse are ever reported to authorities.
- Only 1 in 25 cases of financial exploitation are ever reported, meaning there may be at least 5 million financial abuse victims each year.
You can do your part to end the silent epidemic of elder abuse by taking the pledge to stand up against elder abuse. There are 10,000 people who are turning 65 each and every day (Pew Research Center), and we are rapidly approaching a time where nearly 50% of the population will be 65 or older. Together, we can end the silence of elder abuse by standing united and raising our voices against this growing problem.
Show your support in this movement, by pledging to end the silence, raising awareness in your community, and speaking up against elder abuse.
"Kerri Kasem is working to honor our elderly. . by God it is very important and obligation to dignify our eldery...Freedom from isolation. Go Kerri Kasem. Thank you." V. Amaral
"Without stimulation and love, people die." THANKS for pointing out that isolation is elder abuse." S. White
"I can't thank you enough for starting this conversation. Your dad would be so proud. He is smiling watching you change such an important part of wishes that I am sure were already planned. It breaks my heart for all the pain you endure to get something that should not even be a fight. You are inspirational and have helped me keep my head on straight knowing how hard you are working. Thank you from the bottom of my heart." R. Bove
"You are amazing! Keep up the fight for all those that can't." S. Benton